Achieving that glow, healthy and hydrated skin appearance does not only require a bit of makeup, but also drinking tons of water and taking care of your skin. Here are some tips to amp up your skincare and makeup regime to achieve a healthy glow…
– Exfoliate and Mask. Ensure you exfoliate 2 to 3 times per week followed by a Mask. Whether your skin is oily, sensitive, combination, dry, apply the appropriate exfoliator to get rid of dead skin cells, and a mask to follow to further hydrate and rejuvenate your skin.
– Moisturize. Even people with oily skin should be moisturizing. My go to is a facial oil at night to ensure my skin is highly nourished and packed with the essential oils needed to keep me hydrated.
– A hydrating, glowing primer is best suited for more normal to dry/ very dry skin. Some suggestions I would recommend is Mac Cosmetics Prep and prime Radiance Primer; NYX Honey Dew me up Primer; Smashbox Photofinish primer oil; Physicians formula argan oil primer (at Diskem pharmacies, in store only). If you have oily skin I would suggest applying your usual primer and then use a hydrating foundation, instead of applying both an intense luminous primer and dewy foundation.
– Apply a radiant foundation. Some suggestions would be Lancome Teint Miracle foundation (one of my favs); Bobbi Brown Moisture rich foundation; Mac Cosmetics Mineralize moisture rich foundation; Lóreal Pro-Glow foundation; Lóreal Lumi Magique foundation (or the Lóreal Cushion foundation); Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation; Maybeline Fit me foundation (or the Maybeline Dewy + smooth); Stila Glow serum foundation. However if you do not want to purchase a dewy or luminous foundation whether it’s matte or satin finish, try mixing a few drops of primer oil or facial oil with your foundation. What can also be mixed with your foundation is a cream, liquid or powder highlight to achieve a glowing look. A tip my boss recommended as we both makeup junkies is to scrap a small amount of your powder highlight, mix that with a foundation of your choice and (optional) the Mac Next to Nothing Foundation.
– Apply a cream or liquid highlight to the top of your cheekbones, above your eyebrows, bridge of nose, inner corner of eyes/ tear duct and chin. Some cream and liquid highlighters i would suggest is NYX Liquid Illuminator; E.L.F Shimmering facial whip; Mac Cosmetics strobe cream; Benefit Girl meets pearl (or Benefit Sun beam);Stila all over shimmer highlighter. Then apply a powder highlight over top to intensify the sheen and lock in place to last all day or night. There are way too many powder highlighters to mention just a few. I don’t even know where to begin as I love so many. The top dogs are definitely Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow kits; Mac Cosmetics Extra Dimension Skin finishes; NYX Stobe of Genius palette; Ofra highlighters; Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks.
– Using a dewy bronzer with a sheen gives the illusion of a sun kissed glow. Apply this to the parameter of the face and neck. You could also apply a liquid or cream bronzer as a pose to a powder or both. For liquid or cream bronzers the are some recommendations like Benefit cosmetics Dew the hoola; Giorgio Armani Maestro liquid bronzer; Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel; The Body Shop Drops of sun glow; For Powder bronzers I would recommend Mac Cosmetics Mineralize skinfinish; NYX cosmetics Baked blush in Ignite; Physicians Formula Argan wear ultra nourishing argan oil bronzer (in store only at Diskem pharmacy).
– A dewy setting spray or facial spray is what finishes the dewy look. You could however mist your skin with your regular setting spray to ensure your makeup is locked and sealed to last all day, then apply a dewy spray. Some facial sprays I would recommend is NYX Dewy setting spray; Woolworths Makeup Setting Spray; Bobbi Brown Face Mist; Tatcha Luminous Dewy skin mist; Mac Cosmetics Prep and Prime Fix+;
What are some of your favorite ways to achieve luminous skin?
Thanks for stopping by 😊
(images taken from websites)